Monday, May 7, 2007

Glider classes

We held a class for our staff yesterday on Glider. It ended up being pretty cool. Within an hour I had some of them making their first glides. They had been just using the glides I have created. But after getting one of our bots banned I decided that we should go over some best practices One of the things that is the reason we get that one bot banned is that he spent a lot of time in the location he was in. wow power leveling So I decided that one thing we should change is the fact that we should only spend a certain duration in one area. Then move on to the next area. I think that there is nothing worse than seeing the same guy day in and day out at the same location. That in it's self I think is a good indication that someone is a bot.So now we are working on at least 10 unique locations for each level we are gliding. For level 60 I'm working on 50 to 100 unique locations.. That may sound like a lot but if you are using them to form gold then we need to track the ones that pay the best. wow power leveling So we are going to have to try a lot of different things. The obvious answer may be that we go to the places where others report they can make a lot of coin. But part of the issue is that you don't want to be gliding in an area where there are a bunch of other people working it hard trying to make coin as well.So when I hit 60 I two goals with this guy. The first is that I want to try fishing and see how long it will take to go 0 to 300. Then also to see if there is any profit in it compared to running a glide killing stuff. I'll also try a new glide every day. wow power leveling We'll figure out a way to see how much income we can generate that day from the area. I'll include in my reports what's working well and what is not.Also. On another note. You may have noticed we did not run the map for a few weeks. We came out with a new version of KAM. It seemed it was working well for all of my systems but the one I'm using to broadcast. I'm running dual monitors on this system. You only see one of the broadcast. The other one is used for my broadcast tool. I was getting these weird errors saying I was out of video memory. I have a 128mb video card so I thought that was strange. But in fact it turned out to be true. I had to reduce the size of the WoW window to get it to launch the map. wow power leveling Once I did that it fired right up. Then I was able to resize back to normal. I think it was stupid that it was something that simple.

No comments: