Thursday, March 22, 2007

The land of Ice

I recently began playing GuildWars again. I originally purchased it over a year ago but never really got into it much and ended up quitting within a short period of time. But recently a friend of mine, who happens to have been playing it for two years, suggested I come back and we'd run missions together. Guild wars GoldSo, after reminding me six or seven times, and then showing me where to download the client (I couldnt' find my disc), I finally logged back into the game and started playing.

We quickly ran through several of the story missions and I found myself having a great time and then logging in during the day and doing the side-quests or exploring. Guild wars GoldWhat have I found? Well, I'm having a surprising amount of fun.

Tonight I finally made it out of the Ascalon lands which are mostly ruins and fire and populated with lots of beasts including the Charr.Guild wars Gold Tonight, however, I made it to Yak's Bend, a small outpost in the middle of the snowy mountains. And I encountered all new foes (such as the one below) to fight.

Yak's Bend is special, not just for its fantastic name, but also for the fact that you get the ability to have more henchmen in your party, up to five instead of three. Guild wars GoldAnd there are new types available including a Brawler, a Cultist, and an Enchanter.

I also learned about crafting tonight and have discovered that you can salvage magical components from some weapons which you can then double-click apply onto your existing weapons. Now this makes the game much more entertaining!Guild wars Gold Sell for gold, salvage for crafting components, or salvage for magical upgrades! A tough choice indeed!

Well, I stopped playing long enough to write this blog and now I'm headed back in. Guild wars GoldThe ice golems got the best of me this last time so its time for some payback, warrior style!

No comments: