Monday, March 26, 2007

MMOs Break Bank

A report at Nex-Gen.biz says the Western MMO market broke the 1 Billion dollar mark for the first time.

In 2006, North American MMO wow gold subscriptions hit $576 million, while Europe’s climbed to $299 million. Germany was listed as the biggest market in Europe with the UK following. The biggest money-makers were WORLD OF WARCRAFT (as you already guessed) and RUNESCAPE (which you probably didn’t). Digest the entire story.

Three things surprised me about the above. wow gold I knew WoW was huge - but 54 percent of the MMO market is mind-blowing. I knew Jagex and their browser-based MMO, RUNESCAPE have long been doing well - but second place in earnings? Amazing. And finally, Germany as Europe’s biggest market? I dunno, I just found wow gold this surprising. Especially as very few MMOs seem to be developed there. NEOCRON comes to mind and that’s about it. WORLD OF PIRATES maybe? There’s probably more that haven’t been localized for N. America. Maybe someone can fill me in. German devs you have a wow gold voracious public clamoring for MMOs. What say you?

No comments: